Information & Form Links

Independent Contractor Exemption Certificate (ICEC) Overview
New MN State Law
Test for Independent Contractor Status
Instructions for completing an Exception Certificate
Exemption Certificate Application Form
Fact Sheet
Residential Building Contractors Application
Minnesota 2% IC 1099 Withholding Requirements
PainterConsulting, Inc. 
A Minnesota Corporation
| Home | Personal Taxes | Business Taxes | Start a Business | Business Services | Consulting | Directions to Office | Contact Us | Forms | Occupational Deduction Worksheet |


If your General Contractor gives you a 1099 at the end of the tax year, beginning January 1, 2009 you may be considered an employee of the General  Contractor by the State of Minnesota. 

Your options are:

  1. Ask your General Contractor to become an employee.

  2. Obtain an Independent Contractor Exemption Certificate before January 1, 2009.  Click here to see if you qualify.

  3. Let us create a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or S Corporation and then the business can contract with the General Contractor.  Click here to start a new LLC or S Corp.

Call us for more information:  651 917-3727.

DISCLAIMER: The information at this web site is for advertising and general information purposes. This information is not intended to be used without consultation with PainterConsulting, Inc.  We recommend you contact the firm for specific questions.